Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Gym.....

So oddly enough my jump rope and resistance band broke on me within 24 hours of eachother. I think the jumprope broke because of smacking the concrete alot but the resistance band broke because fate wanted me to look like an idiot. While doing the curls the band broke mid storke and I smacked myself in the nose....no im not kidding. I punched my self in the nose and it bled for at least thirty minutes. Needlless to say I had to find a quick fix because I didnt want to fall behind on sculpting myself so I decided to head to the gym at my apartment complex for a few days until I can get some replacement equipment.
I never liked the gym for a variety of reasons. First I dont like talking to people why i work out. Im a social person but its hard for me to focus on working out and talking to some guy about his biceps at the same time. Of course when I get there at 5:00am the gym already has a farley large man working out on the bench. Now let me just say this. The human body is a beautiful wonder that should be appreciated for the complex orchestra of systems that all work together to form who we are as individuals. However, sometimes you should wear proper clothing that hides certain areas that may not be so wonderous. I have no idea what that guy was hiding in his gut and just below but it looked like two armadillos were fighting over an apple insides his shorts. Dont' get me wrong I wasn't staring at his junk but when you walk in and his business is standing up and whistling dixie, its hard not to notice. I just turned my head and worked out on the treadmill for thirty minutes and tried not to notice.
I think I am at a point to where the food that I cant eat on the PCP diet is of no longer a need to me. I enjoy eating pure simple foods that are untouched by preservatives and all the other junk that one normally injests. Tomorrow is my B-Day so will see what I can eat instead of cake. Any ideas????

8 comments:

  1. Haha! The description of the man in his inappropriate clothing is just brilliant. Proper snorting funny. May I just add to the 'appropriate' clothing requirement, that people should wear clean gym gear every time they go, and keep to one day-glo colour per outfit.

    Have you had your indulgence yet, Cory? Maybe you could have a bit of birthday cake as your indulgence. I have my birthday a week tomorrow, so I'll be staying off the drink and crappy foods too. Let me know how you get on. If you can do, then I reckon I can too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory, Happy birthday!!!! I wish you a great new round around the sun, lots of health, love and lean muscle!!!

    Armadillos fighting over an apple....??!!! ohhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Cory!! You cracked me. I too am anti-gym. I haven't belonged to one in over 3 years. So not worth the extra time, money and of course the occasional eye-sores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    I too loved the description. Perhaps you can go back every so often to treat us with the wonders you see?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm seeing some improvement in that photograph, Cory. Nice one. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Cory! You look strong, too! Oh the gym...sometimes I miss being around people while I do my exercises. Then I guess, we're a bit "alone" in all this (like you said earlier) for a purpose. We need to motivate ourselves (& our team!).

    Keep it up! Hope you found some good local veggies to cook up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the resistance band break bloody nose. A classic PCP moment! I've been there man! Took on in the eye once too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO funny! Sometimes we're all business, and it makes that fact easy to forget :( My favorite line is when you talk about fate - hahaha, too funny. You are looking good!

    ReplyDelete