Friday, February 19, 2010

Hello PCP

Surprisingly I found that going to my gym to do the same excercises has been beneficial to the workout. I need to be able to seperate this project from my home life and doing such excercise in my living room while my daughter is three feet away watching the rhinestone clad Jonas Brothers doesnt exactly pump me up. So I go to my gym now in the early morning and it gives me a sense that Im going to go work out and when I get home....it will be time to do home things.

I took a week off of work so that I could focus on my studies and being so dormant at home has made it hard not to want to pig out. All in all its been going ok but I have made it a goal to focus more time on creating meals different than what I have been eating previously. I need to use my natural talents and I haven't been. Time for things to change...

5 comments:

  1. Great! This is part of the process. You stick with what you know at first and then get so sick of eating the same thing you start to explore. Tell us what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited too to hear what delectable eats you come up with. I know variety is the key, but I'm hopelessly un-creative when it comes to foods. But I love seeing what others concoct!

    Also--literal LOL on the mention of "rhinestone clad Jonas Brothers" not pumping you up. Indeed. That would be enough to send me looking for an alternate workout location too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cory, if you get any great ideas, let us all know. I can always use some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the working out at home while people are watching thing...sometimes it's nice to have a cheerleader though!

    Studying all day (I feel like all I do is read and write all day long) stimulates the appetite for sure! Green tea has saved me. And kept me awake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The seperation of tasks through location is a proven point of effectiveness. It's good that you realize that you are more effective when you are in a location built to empower that task. I just can't workout at home - home is for "homethings" as you say.

    ReplyDelete