Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 10


It’s been well over a week now and everything has been going as good as I could hope. I knew there was going to be some challenges as far as my diet and not everyday’s exercise routine would be as painless as the previous but overall I can say I feel great about how things are going. Most of my lunch and dinner protein intake has mainly consisted of fish and seafood and already I can tell you that I regret not moving somewhere closer to the ocean. Denver, Colorado isn’t the greatest state to live in if you’re looking for the fresh catch of the day. If I were to order such a thing at my local restaurant, most likely my dinner plate would consist of a frozen piece of fried cod that had spent the last 6 weeks hibernating in a dark walk-in freezer. Colorado does produce nice trout during the peak season but if it’s a nice piece of ahi tuna that you crave, at best it’s has been two days since that poor bastard was hooked and gutted.
Luckily I happen to work at a place where “the fresher” of the seafood in Colorado can be purchased. Once and a while I will purchase my proteins from a chain grocery store but most of the time I would rather order the seafood special on a Monday at Village Inn. Either was Ill be praying to one toilet or another very soon.
I have been rather surprised at the amount of food that is asked of us to eat. Last night I could barley finish the food that nested on my plate and I would still have another apple to eat.
The workouts have been pretty consistent as far as difficulty but I have noticed that the push-ups are getting easier and easier to do as each session passes. I guess we will see how this week goes and I am ready for anything…..

3 comments:

  1. You are a truly lucky PCPer to have access to fresh(er) fish. There's nothing better for lean dynamic muscle! Keep eating, it'll get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushups! Nice work! Day by day - since it will get harder .... wait, no, patrick said easier.... Iwould suck at being a trainer.

    Coffee soon???? :) (can you drink coffee?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also looking for fresh fish but it is hard. I don't know why. We are not that far from the North Sea but all I can find here is frozen tasteless filets.

    ReplyDelete