Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 2


Its odd the things that can motivate and de-motivate you in a project like this. I got into a fight with my girlfriend today. More like a mild disagreement at best but I instantly felt a since of irritation and annoyance that I had to go home and jump-rope after getting into it with my girlfriend. In the end everything ended fine and we made up for the most part but I realized that to stay motivated for 90 straight days is going to be a lot harder than once thought. Today was the first of many hurdles I will have to leap in order to finish on top and I cant let such events persuade the darker side of me to take over. The ultimate reality is I found someone to share these years with and for that I am thankful. I am truly thankful.
Man I was hunrgy all day. I mean all day long I thought about cookies and cake and beer. In my defense I work around this all day long and I have orgy of desserts and bacon covered bacon in my face none stop. However I just sneered at the chocloate desires and ate my apple. Temptation is a bitch and I hope I never succumb.


PS- I attached the "day one" picture of me. If you put me into water I would look like a bald, tattooed beluga whale......but just you wait. My day will come.

8 comments:

  1. Keep at it man. The less you think about motivation and the more you just do the thing, the better off you'll be. The option to give up is no longer on the table for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cory. You'll be fine with the motivation aspect. In the first few weeks, the excitement of a new challenge keeps you going and then after that it's just routine.

    It's the last few weeks that are the hardest, but by then, the PCP is so ingrained it becomes part of you.

    You’ll just keep going from strength to strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Cory!

    Sometimes the motivation will be the same for days. Sometimes the motivation will change day to day. Sometimes the motivation will be no motivation at all. When that occurs, then it will be part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn these past PCPers are way wise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cory, I love your tats. What does the one on your side say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered the same thing about your tattoo. I love a good ink backstory, so I'm always curious about the art people choose.

    Also, I am now envisioning a deep-sea tattoo parlor where whales and other sea life get their body art commissioned. Like Spongebob with a rebellious streak. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL....Thanks for the posts everyone. My tattoo says "May I reach Heaven a Half Hour Before the Devil Knows Im Dead". It is an Irish saying "usually at funerals" that I thought fit nicely into my life at the time. I've had quite the checkered past but later on in life I have made up for it and become quite the positive person. I just hope Karma doesnt come back and bite me....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cory! I really want to do Muay Thai. I've heard it's amazing. I have done capoeira and boxing; lately I haven't done much of either because I've been traveling a bunch, but I'm going to start boxing again. Maybe muy thai? I love boxing but I always miss KICKING (something we do lots of in capoeira)..
    Anyway, good luck today! I'm hungry too but trying to drink lots of hot water...it's hard! hang in there...

    ReplyDelete