Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introductions...

So here we are. The first day, the first hour, the first minute of the, or I guess I should say of my “Peak Condition Project”. First off I want to say hello to everyone who will be following me on this journey of self discovery. I welcome everyone who is participating in this project with me. From what I can tell I am only one of two Americans participating while everyone else is hailing from Europe, South America and parts of Asia. I welcome my family, friends and co-workers who I hope will support me in this endeavor and not only cheer me on but call me out during times that I feel I may give up. I am counting on you all and I thank you for all the support I have already received. Lastly I welcome the two most important people in my life, my loving girlfriend Siri and my beautiful daughter Kaori. You two will be my backbone through this project and at the end of this I hope that I can make you both proud.
I guess the next question I need to answer is what exactly the “Peak Condition Project” is. PCP was started by a kind gentleman by the name of Patrick Reynolds and his working partner Chen Zhongtao. The premise of the project is taking an individual (such as myself) and putting them through a rigorous exercise and diet routine that will last 90 straight days. I liken it to a boxer’s routine before an upcoming match. Along with the routine, I have to openly blog and take pictures of my progress so that everyone can hold me accountable. That way if you find me in the kitchen crying with cheesecake smothered all over myself, you can call me out.

So why did I decide to tackle such a challenging program. Basically it started out with the realization that I am on the cusp of turning 30. Now to some of my older friends this may not seem like a big deal but I have feared 30 for a long time now. I have started to take a look at my life and wonder what exactly I have done with my time that I have been given. Sure I have a great job, a beautiful daughter, the most gorgeous sweetheart of a girlfriend and am quite close to getting my degree from a respectable University. Yet through all of this I can’t say that I feel truly alive. There is so much I want from this life and in my thirty years of living, I have nothing personally to show for it. I know in my heart I was put here on this earth for something greater and if I don’t take action now, my time may very well pass. So PCP for me is a jumping off point to a brand new life and a brand new outlook. I know that if I can complete this project successfully, not only will I have a new lease on life pertaining to my health, but the ability to jump at any opportunity with a healthy heart and a clear mind.

So as of tomorrow (Jan 15) my journey begins. Don’t forget to sign up for my blog and I will keep updates on facebook as well. I look forward to all of your comments.

1 comment:

  1. YOu're on PCP?! :) jk - this is quite intruiging Joshua! I look forward to this...

    ReplyDelete